Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Overwhelmed!!

Ok, I think I bit off more then I can chew. But at the same time, I feel like it's good for me. I need to grow and stretch, yet... it hurts! 5 kids, 6 and under all day long is getting a little tiring. I know some mom's do this all the time, and I'm lucky enough to only (only? ahahah) have 4 full time. This little guy I'm babysitting really is a good baby, yet I'm starting to notice that I just can't get the laundry done or meals or or or or.. on time anymore. Not that I was super at it before, but getting better. I feel like we're probably in a time of adjustment here though, and things will smooth out soon, I hope. My hubby is just about going crazy with all the chaos around here. He loves things orderly and clean, ya... not happening right now. Plus, I totally feel like I NEED to get the kids and myself out of the house everyday. Yet, I can't get anything done IN the house when we're out! So, solution? Here I sit, blogging!
Oh, very very cool. I won a pair of baby shoes online!! I can'tbelieve it!! I don't usually win things, and these shoes are sooo stinkin cute! I'm very excited!
AND, my sister had her baby last weekend, so I'm feeling like I need to be taking care of her too! Horrible birth, so much like mine with Levi... Poor girl.

To do list.

Wash dishes
Wipe down all counters and clear clutter
Wipe down cupboard fronts
Wash floor
Do about 23862378462 loads of laundry
Fold Laundry
Put laundry away (these last two seem to be a bit tricky getting done!)
Make bread
Make Pizza for supper, ham needs to be used up...
Cuddle with the kids, ready stories, ect
Spend time homeschooling

Ok, that's all the things that SHOULD be done TODAY. I don't think the bread will get done, but everything else really really needs it. There's SO MUCH more that needs attention too. I'm hoping to have a garage sale this weekend too.... call me crazy!
Later gaters

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi...found your blog through simple reviews. I only have 2 kids, but I have babysat other kids at times as a "job". I know how hard it can be! I just recently found flylady.net...it's been a lifesaver!! It's all about de-cluttering and keeping things that way, and she teaches you how to do it in 15 min. (or less) increments. It's so not overwhelming. I was always HORRIBLE about keeping my house picked up and decent looking. Now, it's not hard!
Anyway, sorry to post such a long comment. I'm just so excited about how much FlyLady has helped me, I wanted to share with you. Good luck! :)

Lis said...

Lis from Simple here, your to-do list sounds like mine, only I have just one kidlet, and its still hard to get done. I come from a large (in this day and age at least...I always thought we were average) family myself though and LOVED it.

Sara, the Mama said...

Hey cool!! I have comments!! LOL I thought that I would get an email update if a comment was writen so I didn't check. Thanks ladies for the advice! I've heard lots about flylady but haven't checked it out. I guess I keep forgetting! I love having a larg (er?) family, and I will take my four kids over a simple life any day!! But still... there's days where... sigh... It would be sooo nice just to be caught up!! I'd better get at er!