Monday, May 5, 2008

Oh my children bless me!

This morning when I sat down to check the weather online I saw that Larry had left up his morning scripture verses that he reads online. He had been reading Proverbs. I had heard a while ago an idea to read 1 chapter of Proverbs each day to your children, as there is 31 chapters, one for every day of the month. Since my children were sitting next to me practicing their reading I thought now was as good as time as ever. I wanted to explain to them why Proverbs is important, how Solomon had been given wisdom from God and much of Proverbs was writen by him. I asked them what they would do if God told them that he would give them anything in the whole world, what would they ask for. (I hadn't yet told them Solomon's response, I was curious what they would pick on their own) Kayla imediately said "God..." I thought maybe she didn't understand the question. So I asked again, a little differently and again she says "God..." So I said... "ok... so, what would you do with God then?" She just simply said "I would just sit on his lap and be with him" WOW Her heart is just to love God, I felt so blessed to have a child that feels that way towards God. I asked Levi then, not sure if he would just copy Kayla. He had his own thing. He said he would ask God to feed all the hungry people around the world so that no children felt hungry anymore" I was SO blessed by the responses of my Children. They both chose loving, over all else. They are amazing...

1 comment:

Jocelyn and Daniel said...

Those are some amazing kids, but I think at least some cuddos go to the parents as well.